Week 6 Wine Tasting #1: Fairbanks Cellar California Sherry

                                                      

Name: Fairbanks Cellars California Sherry

Variety: 100% Sherry, either from Palomino or Pedro Ximenez 

Region: McFarland and San Martin, California

Country: USA

Year: 2021

Price: $7.00

Winery Review: Balance dry and moderately sweet. Notes of nutty, buttery, and honey flavors. More of a cooking wine than drinking wine.

Wine Folly: From page 170 of Wine Folly, a dry style of Sherry, such as an Amontillado, is slightly bolder and has a nutty style. This is definitely what I got from this tasting. Sweet styles give off caramel flavors and smells which is also what I got off of this Sherry.

Personal Review: The first thing I noticed was that the wine looked like whisky when I poured it in the glass. It has that same light brownish color. It also had huge notes of caramel/butterscotch when I smelled it. I don’t know if I really liked this one. It started off sweet and then became kind of sour, but the aftertaste gave me a hint of some sort of nut. Almost like a peanut. I did not end up having this with food.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 11 Wine Tasting #1: Korbel California Champagne

Wine and Cheese Pairing #2