Week 6 Wine Tasting #2: Beringer Founder's Estate Pinot Noir

 


Name: Beringer Founders’ Estate Pinot Noir

Variety: 100% Pinot Noir

Region: Napa, California

Country: USA

Year: 2020

Price: $9.95

Tasting Notes: Beringer Founders Estate Pinot Noir is immediately fruit forward with bright flavors of red cherry and currant, beautifully complemented by cedar and cinnamon spice. It is a perfect pairing with grilled salmon, roast turkey, or brie cheese.

Wine Folly: From page 151 of Wine Folly, Pinot Noirs from the Coast of California have hints of cherry, raspberry sauce, plum, vanilla, and allspice. I definitely was able to taste the cherry and plum in this one. Another cool thing about growing Pinot Noir in California, is that the Pacific Ocean creates a fog in the morning that makes the vines cool enough to grow.

Personal Review: Very red and purple in color, as well as a strong aroma. I am not a huge red guy, so the smell was pungent to me at first. Plum was the first flavor I recognized when tasting, which was very bold and powerful on my tongue. Then, after a couple of more sips, I was able to taste the cherry that Wine Folly had mentioned. Like I said before, I’m not a huge red fan but I actually enjoyed this wine. I am hoping that this is the beginning of my enjoyment of red wines, especially big and bold ones like this Beringer. I did not end up having this with any food.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 11 Wine Tasting #1: Korbel California Champagne

Wine and Cheese Pairing #2

Week 6 Wine Tasting #1: Fairbanks Cellar California Sherry